Already have a Username/Password for American Society for Aesthetics Graduate E-journal?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where possible, links to authorized online images of art works referred to in the paper are provided. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided, and links have been verified.
- The text is double spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text does not exceed the word limit, and is formatted according to The Chicago Manual of Style. Stylistic and bibliographic requirements are outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- All references appear as endnotes, with a full bibliographic reference the first time that a work is mentioned, and a short reference after that, instead of using footnotes or parenthetical references and a bibliography. See JAAC for examples.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal (i.e. unless you are submitting a book review or dissertation abstract), ensure that you have prepared your paper for blind review (see: Ensuring a Blind Review). This includes deleting your name from the file information included with every Word document. To do this, open your document and go to File > Properties > Summary > Author and delete your name from the 'Author' text box.
- The author(s) attest that material submitted is his or her own, and that any relevant permissions have been obtained for quotations and other non-original segments of the submission.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.